In the midst of these uncertain times there are some things we can do to help our kiddos (and ourselves) navigate the mess rather than get stuck in the muck. Our kids are looking to us to see how to to process and embrace today’s challenges rather than allow fear to claim our minds.
Here are 15 ways to deal with uncertainty.
- See the potential. Shift your perspective and see the positive. Suddenly there is more family time, make use of it!
- Speak your expectations. You may feel frustrated that your kids aren’t helping out. Lay out a plan for pitching in.
- Be flexible. You may need to create a plan B. And..that’s OK. Trust God with this.
- Break it down. Break down tasks into smaller chunks. Experience a sense of accomplishment rather than feeling overwhelmed.
- Avoid avoiding. Procrastination leads to anxiety.
- Go outside. Enjoy God’s creation.
- Seize the day. Do the things you wish you had time to do. Clean that closet. Get your kids involved.
- Let it go. Focus on what you can control rather than what you cannot control.
- Be aware. Take notice of and respond to your kids (and your own) emotions during this time.
- Ask for help. Your little kid love to help. And the older ones love to be appreciated for the work they do.
- Provide help. Involve your kids in helping a neighbor in need.
- Move it. Reduce stress through exercise.
- Replace don’t replay. When things don’t go well, forgive yourself and others. Think of how you can manage the situation differently the next time.
- Remember who God is. Speak his qualities out loud. God is provider, comforter, all powerful, etc.
- Pray. Pray for God’s peace and guidance.
These times are uncertain but they have not taken you by surprise. Thank you for the moments you have provided. Moments where we can spend time with our loved ones, assist others, be flexible, and trust you, You are in control and you are trustworthy. Please guide us and give us wisdom. Amen
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.